PAC Meeting Minutes - February 19, 2018 Meeting
Dixon Parents Advisory Committee Meeting
Minutes of Meeting of February 19, 2018
PAC Members Present:
Sandra Townsend – Co-Chair
Karin Schweizer – Co-Chair
Laura Gillanders – Treasurer
Karen Fisher-Hagel – Fundraising
Lyn Yang - Fundraising
Volker Helmuth – Secretary
Dixon Administration Presents:
Sean Harrington – Principal
May Wong – Vice-Principal
1. Welcome & Introductions
Sandra opened the meeting and welcomed all present.
2. Review and Approval of Agenda
3. Review and Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
Minutes of Jan. 22th, 2018 meeting approved.
4. Administrators’ Report
Sean Harrington reported:
- Good feedback from parents & staff on Saleema Noon body science sessions.
- Plans for Chinese New Year celebration underway.
- Implementing 10 Days of Kindness, to include Pink Shirt Day Feb 28.
- Basketball teams in full force, upcoming Boyd & McMath tourney.
- ProD focus - coding & make your space.
- Preparations underway for Carnival Mar 21.
- Vancouver Opera will present school-wide performance Mar 1.
- Report cards to be sent home Mar 14; conferences to be scheduled before & after spring break.
- Need to purchase 30 iPads (approx 15k) & 2 projectors (approx 5K total) by early April.
5. Treasurer's Report
Laura Gillanders reported:
- Review of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements; we remain in good shape financially
Motion: by Diana White, Seconded by Karen Schweitzer - to allocate $7K towards purchase of iPads. Approved unanimously.
6. Fundraising Report
Karen Fisher-Hagel reported:
- Tentative family movie night April 27 - movie suggestion: Wonder
- Quebec fundraising group - looking at selling SOS Emergency Kit & Purdy's campaign
- A few food days had to be changed at vendor request - dates have not changed, just what is being served on those days
Motion to Adjourn Meeting:
MOVED, SECONDED and CARRIED that meeting be adjourned.
Next Meeting – Annual General Meeting – April 16, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. at Dixon.