June 15, 2020 PAC AGM Meeting Minutes
PAC Meeting Minutes - Annual General Meeting of June 15, 2020
Dixon Parents Advisory Committee
Location: Zoom meeting due to COVID-19 pandemic related restrictions on social gatherings
PAC Members Present:
Chair - Jennifer McMillan
Treasurer - Billie Caffrey
Secretary - Michelle Gibault-Fahlman
Fundraising - Lyn Yang and Diana White
And Parent Guests
Dixon Administrators Present:
Principal Sean Harrington
Vice-Principal May Wong
1. Call to Order
Jennifer McMillan called the meeting group to order at 7:06pm and welcomed all present.
2. Review of the voting process via Zoom
It was agreed that participants would raised hand, either visually or through Zoom icon, to vote in the affirmative.
3. Establishment of Quorum
Quorum was established.
4. Review and Approval of Agenda
Lyn motioned for the approval of the agenda. Diana APPROVED the motion which was SECONDED by all.
5. Review and Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
Diana motioned for the approval of the minutes of the meeting held May 25, 2020. Lyn APPROVED the motion which was SECONDED by all.
6. Treasurer’s Report
a) 2020 Budget
- Billie motioned for the $5000.00 to be allocated to the outdoor garden area from Uncommitted Gaming Fund money. Lyn APPROVED the motion which was SECONDED by all.
- Diana motioned to approve the 2020 Budget as presented. The motion was APPROVED by Lyn and SECONDED by all.
b) Grant Application
- Billie is working on the Gaming Grant application.
7. Fundraising Committee Report
The Fundraising Committee has met and are brainstorming ideas for fundraising in light of restrictions/ precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have already fundraised for the 2020/2021 school year. If fundraising is down in 2020/2021, this will impact the 2021/2022 school year. Recommendation is for conservative spending in 2020/2021.
8. 20/21 Executive Election
There were no new volunteers or nominations for executive positions. The following will continue in their roles for the 2020/2021 school year:
- President: Jennifer
- Vice-President: Vacant
- Secretary: Michelle
- Treasurer: Billie
9. Open Forum
- A renewal notice has been received from the British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC). This has been a great resource and support for our PAC, and it was agreed that our membership will be renewed.
- Diana will arrange gifts for staff who are retiring, the school secretary, and for the PAC former treasurer, to show our appreciation. Funds to come out of the Gift Fund.
Motion to Adjourn meeting:
MOTIONED, SECONDED and CARRIED by All that the meeting be adjourned at 7:37pm.
We wish everyone in our Dixon Community a safe and happy summer break!