PAC Meeting Minutes February 22, 2021
PAC Meeting Minutes February 22, 2021
Dixon Parents Advisory Committee
Location: Zoom meeting due to COVID-19 pandemic related restrictions on social gatherings
PAC Members Present:
Chair: Jennifer McMillan
Co-Chair: Teg Bains
Treasurer: Billie Caffrey
Secretary: Michelle Gibault-Fahlman
Fundraising: Lyn Yang
And Parent Guests
Dixon Administrators Present:
Principal Sean Harrington and Vice-Principal May Wong
Jennifer McMillan called the meeting group to order at 7:05pm and welcomed all present.
All present introduced themselves.
3. Review and Approval of Agenda
The Agenda was MOTIONED by Jen, SECONDED by Billie.
4. Review and Approval of Minutes of Last Meeting
A correction to the Minutes of the last meeting held on January 20, 2021, was noted, with a correction to the date of the meeting. The Minutes note that the meeting took place on January 20, when in fact, the meeting took place on January 18, 2021. The Minutes of the last meeting, with the aforementioned correction, were APPROVED by Jen, SECONDED by Billie, and CARRIED by all.
5. Administrator’s Report
Pink Kindness Day February 24, 2021 – student council planning 5 days of kindness. Zoom assembly planned. Special thank to Mr. Ray, Ms. Norman and Mr. Martyniuk.
Toonie Talent Show – Running in classes this week. There is so much talent and courage. Thanks to Mrs. Evans and Mr. McLeod. Donations go to our sister school in the Philippines for school supplies
Dixon 2km Dragon Dah, Thursday, March 4, 2021, 9 am, for students in Kindergarten to Grade 4. Thanks to Ms. Maika, parent volunteers, and the Run Clubs here at Dixon.
Bollywood Dance Program update: looking for a 2 week program to allow for increased spacing and more air flow.
Parents have had questions about mask wearing. Please note that mask wearing in class is not provincially mandated. Children and parents are encouraged to avoid gathering before and after school.
Spring Vacation ..........Monday, March 15 to Friday, March 26, 2021 inclusive
Good Friday (no school) ...... Friday, April 2, 2021
Easter Monday (no school) ..... Monday, April 5, 2021
Time to start planning for Grade 7 graduation!
Updates from Artona on school photos for the 2021/2022 school year:
We will now offer families an online catalogue of backgrounds to choose from
- Sharper images( due to better lighting)
- A more traditional headshot
- An enhanced online ordering platform to minimized confusion
- Full-Lenght mirror
- Photo order delivery: photo package orders will be bulk ship to your school office for distribution unless ordered after the retake timeline (after 7 days) and subject to a mailing fee.
- Student will have more choices for poses and parent input welcomed.
- Artona also contracted to provide school photos at Garden City and Ecole James Gilmore elementary schools in Richmond.
Billie presented MOTION to keep Artona for the 2021/ 2022 school year. Motion was SECONDED by Lyn and CARRIED by all.
6. PAC Chair’s Report
- Planning on updating Bylaws.
- There will not be a PAC meeting in March, next meeting April 19, 2021.
- There are some free workshops available online that may be of interest to parents, including a workshop by Selima Noon. Information about these free workshops will be updated to the Dixon Facebook page.
7. Treasurer’s Report
Budget & Year to date numbers – comparing the budget we voted on back in November to our year to date total as of February 18, 2021, so that we can see how much cash is still available for use.
1. Gaming account
a. Beginning cash balance $12,689.84
b. As of Feb 18, 2021, I wrote a check to the school for the outdoor tents, totalling $913
c. Ending cash balance is $11,776.
d. Actual cash balance is $12,076. We still have an outstanding check of $300, related to scholarship that I wrote for the last school year.
2. General Fund account
a. Opening balance of about $31,148, includes the donations from Munchalunch.
b. Munchalunch actual donations totaled to $3,169
c. Reconciling item – these were excess funds that we budgeted for but didn’t use last year, so I’m just adding it back to cash balance.
d. Deposits received Total fundraising $5149
e. Check disbursements totalled $10,571, checks written out for math manipulatives, teacher reimbursements, popcorn expense
f. Cash balance has decreased to $25,725.
g. Current bank balance is 27,678 as of February 18, 2021. And the difference is made up of $1952 in outstanding checks.
3. Sent donation receipts to most of the parents who donated their Munchalunch funds and also to the parents who have donated by check. Receipts sent by email
8. Fundraising Committee’s Report
- A parent survey has been sent out requesting feedback on fundraising initiatives.
- Committee is looking at fundraising ideas such Dine to Donate with local restaurants, where a % of profits are donated back to the school.
- A huge thank you to everyone who participated in our fundraising initiatives. The Fundraising Committee is always looking for new ideas and volunteers for year long fundraising initiatives.
9. Additional Items
- Lyn looking into the possibility of organizing a special presentation for parents with a guest speaker. Possible topics include mental health and online safety.
Meeting be adjourned at 7:48pm.
The next PAC meeting is scheduled for April 19, 2021 at 7pm via Zoom.